Learn more about the JGANC point system and how to find out your current ranking.
JGANC POINT SYSTEM
Taken from the Tournaments > General Information section.
The JGANC point system is used for awarding performance points, All Stars invitations, Team points, Boys’ and Girls’ North Team, and Boys State Junior invitations.
- Tournaments are classified as National, State, JGANC Premier Points Event, JGANC Points Event, Invitation or No Points.
- Performance points are given in the junior’s age group only. Team points are given to overall performances in both Boys and Girls flights that include 14-17 year old juniors.
- A junior must be a member of the JGANC prior to an event to receive points in that event.
- In the event that a tournament director does not return results of an event to the JGANC, it is the responsibility of the junior to verify their placement in the event. This verification may be done by writing a letter from the Tournament Director, sending a copy of a newspaper clipping, or by sending a photo of the scoreboard to the JGANC office.
- Invitational and No Point events do not receive points of any type.
Rules and Regulations for Points Determination:
- Only active members of the association, whose dues have been paid prior to the event, are eligible to receive points for any given event.
- In the event of a tie, equal points are given to players who tie. As an example, if two players tie for second place, the second and third place points are totaled and divided by two. The next player would then receive fourth place points.
- If a junior golfer is disqualified or sanctioned for misconduct in any event, the junior is subject to a loss of points or further disciplinary action at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Points are rounded to the nearest half (1/2) point.
- Non-members do not receive points and their finishing position in a points awarded spot is vacated.
Performance and Team Points Rules:
- When there are twenty (20) or more players in an age group, points are awarded to the top ten (10). When there are fewer than twenty (20) players, points are awarded to fifty percent of the field plus one for odd numbers. For example, if an age group has twelve (12) players; points will be awarded to the top six (6) players, if an age group has thirteen (13) players; points will be awarded to the top seven (7) players. This applies to Performance Points in each age group and Team Points for overall scores for Boys and Girls 14-17 years old when the same tees are used. Points are not lost when moving into an older age group in the same calendar year.
- Tabulation dates are printed on the Tournament Calendar, and the JGANC website.
- Team points are used to determine the Boys North Team, the Girls North Team, and invitations to the Boys State Junior Championship. All members aged 14-17 are eligible for these spots. Total points are one criterion used in team selection. Sportsmanship, conduct, no-show record and character are also considered in selecting teams to represent the Association.
- Performance points are used to determine invitations for the All Stars Championship.
Team Points Update in 2012:
- The 2012 Girls North Team will be tabulated from January 1, 2012 through the 2012 JGANC Match Play Championship.
- Team Points for the 2013 Girls North Team will be tabulated from June 15, 2012 through the 2013 JGANC Match Play Championship.
- The 2012 Boys North Team will be tabulated from January 1, 2012 through the 2012 NorCal Player’s Championship.
- Team Points for the 2013 Boys North Team will be tabulated from July 9, 2012 through the 2013 NorCal Player’s Championship.
- Team points for Player of the Year Awards, will still be tabulated from January 1 through the last point event prior to the Tournament of Champions.